Friday 11 February 2022

Ramsgate Fishing Smacks, Michaels Bookshop Reopening Thoughts, some sort of ramble.

We are aiming to reopen the bookshop sometime around Easter of this year.

The words. " I will survive" come to mind so I did a quick sketch of Boris Johnson.

Boris Johnson Painting


 

Trawlers careened on the “Hard” for cleaning and tarring the hulls, two types of forefoot can be seen.

The “Hard” was a shingle bank a short way to the west of the Clock House.




Trawler with square stern. Jibheaded topsail, no mizzen top, her boat in tow.



Trawler on the slipway for caulking and overhaul, this boat has an elliptical stern..
 
I aim to start blogging again after my rest, so evening walk photos, click to expand



















Yes, this means I need to practice photography again.

Into the probably long rather boring ramble.

My covid criteria for reopening the bookshop has been to wait until the ratio of people testing positive to people dying of coronavirus gets better than 1000 to 1. I don't think this is going to happen and we're at about 300 to 1 across the board. Those people having had the full amount of vaccines they are allowed which is usually first second and booster have a much better chance than 1000 to 1 and I'm afraid the people who haven't been properly vaccinated will have to take their chances. Frankly if you are a betting person so you can work this out from the status you can see their chances are not very good.

As I said I think we're going to reopen the bookshop around Easter we will probably do much shorter hours to begin with and see how it goes.

I envisage something like Monday Wednesday and Friday 11 a.m. till 4 p.m. and Saturday's 10 to 5.

We are also considering opening late one evening a week, but to do that we would need support from our customers, so it's rather question and what you all think.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.