Tuesday 20 April 2010

Margate and Westgate with Birchington the Summer Season 1903-4

After a long day battling with printers and very large files I have finally managed to get this book into print.

It is one of the earliest Margate guides to have advertisements illustrated with photographs of the businesses, so is invaluable to the local historian.

In the bookselling world one may sometimes describe a book as foxed, meaning that the paper has brown spots on it cause by an imbalance of the PH in the paper when it was manufactured.
Keeping with animal related book descriptions the original of this one looks like it has been dogged beared and possibly trodden on by an elephant, as you can see from the picture.

Anyway it is now available in the shop price £9.99 and when I can face technology particularly the demands of printing more copies I will make it available online too.

High definition laser printing sometimes seems to operate in some strange area where science, alchemy and magic all meet.

Click on the link for the sample pages http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/410b/id9.htm

That makes 131 local books in print and I have about another 5 in the pipeline.

1 comment:

  1. alchemy and magic all meet all at Michaels bookshop

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.