Thursday 1 April 2010

Pinch and a punch it’s the first of the month

Once again the statistics for the people who clicked on a link on another website in order to get here, this is the nearest I can get to a popularity count of the other local blogs, click on the link to view the statistics http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop5/id10.htm

As it is my day off today I am doing this from my mobile notebook so apologies for any typos.

The new thing of interest that that I spotted straight away is that this is the first month that Simon Moores Thanet Life blog has had a link comparable to the ones on the other main Thanet blogs.

As you see his blog seems to be marginally more popular the main Labour councillor’s blog Mark Nottingham’s From One End of Kent, I wonder if this is in any significant of political feeling at the moment.

It is interesting to see where my Thanet press blog comes in all this, it only gats about 1,500 visits a month from about 900 different people.

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that you get any links to this blog from nakedinthanet - reason being I link to your (excellent) Thanet Blogs site instead, & I removed all other links to blogs featured on that site some time back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird that Peter 5 in a month isn’t that much, perhaps it’s either links in old posts and comments or cached pages, I have to admit the whole internet statistics thing fascinates me, partly because so much of it is obviously wrong.

    Frankly the pinch of the punch ones I do for the local blogs sound about right to me, compared to say Wikio saying that this is the 444th most influential blog in the UK and that Thanet Press releases is the 535th, something I find patently ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did link to thanetonline via a blog post on 12th March, so I'm guessing they came from that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.