Wednesday, 29 July 2015

I'm still Painting in the Ramsgate Clockworks with not much to say.

As it is the middle of summer it is possible to paint and draw before work, so at this time of year I get up at about 5am so I can start painting around six. I don't really think I would be able to pull this off without The Oak Hotel, where you can get coffee a comfortable seat and a good view with the sun roughly behind you from about six.

My early morning painting isn't very concentrated, much of the time being spent talking wind farmers and others who have to be up early. This tends to result in strange rather obsessive paintings where I have experimented with different effects while waking up.


This painting of Ramsgate Clockhouse has been going on outside The Oak on most mornings for about two weeks now. The latest thing is that having bought most powerful reading glasses, I have been putting on fine detail, if you click on the picture it will expand and then if you click on it again it will get considerably bigger than the original.  


My bookshop is now in the busiest part of the year, with lots of books coming and going on a daily basis, if you have a look at the bookshop blog http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ you can see what I mean. This means that I don’t have much time for blogging, which I guess fits quite well with not newsworthy much happening locally at the moment. A glance at the agenda for tomorrow's TDC cabinet meeting http://democracy.thanet.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=151&MId=4047 sums up the lack of activity out to lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.