Tuesday, 7 July 2015

The dreams of a small fish in Ramsgate Harbour

Confusion isn't a strong enough word here one moment, I was happily swimming around in some sort of big pond looking for the way back out to sea, the next I am on a plate, wondering what a plate is, suddenly light and a door in the distance and there's this bloke with some keys saying that I have been a reasonably good sole, and what do I fancy on the reincarnation front.

Then there is a lot of mumbling about typos and lists, someone says. "If the books don’t balance it's more than my jobs worth come the day of judgment, what about the bloke next to him. Mumble mumble.. put a rude picture on facebook last night… giving the council a hard time.. swore at a seagull… time to have his soul in purgatory, teach him a lesson."


Next thing I know I'm drawing a chimneystack, eating my old body in some amazing Italian sauce and explaining how pattress plates stop buildings fall outwards to a couple of teenagers.


Every so often I get a funny feeling and have to look at the sea for a bit.

Really it's a very good thing I didn’t have to drive the car to the bookshop in Ramsgate, fish don’t usually go to bed, although there is some sort of mythology about the great piscisophile with the rubber sheets, wearing a snorkel and flippers, generally known as, He Who Is Best Avoided.


Wonderful dreams about the shimmering ocean, then along comes a damned great shark and I jump out of bed for obvious reasons, put on my flippers, have a shower and the next thing I know, I'm painting pub window frames and talking about quantum physics to a windfarmer, who is mostly interested in the Hassidic influences pertaining to World War One.          

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.