Monday 28 December 2009

Morning walk pictures

There you go Don & Co mostly boats once I get as far as the harbour.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts129/id31.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts129/id32.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts129/id33.htm
A few thought on the pictures. First sorry I didn’t run them through the program I usually use to lighten the ones that come out too dark due to some peculiarity with this camera. As you can see I was very lucky with the tide the gate to the inner basin closed and the bridge was lowered just as I arrived there. Anyone know what the situation is with “The New Britannic” shown in the pictures? She is the Ramsgate pleasure boat that lifted 3,000 soldiers of the beach at Dunkirk during WW2, it looks as though some restoration work had started and then stopped.

1 comment:

  1. I see why the once councillor of Panama was never able to attend meetings, if the boat in the pictures from Panama was his transport he has an almost valid reason for his absence's. Nice walk Michael cheers Don

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.