Tuesday 1 December 2009

Pinch and a Punch it’s the First of the Month

Once again I stop for a few moments to review this blog, a sort of is it all worth it type of thing, well here are the statistics for November. 8,026 Visits; 2,884 Absolute Unique Visitors; 13,772 Page Views; 1.72 Average Page Views; 00:02:45 Time on Site; 69.19% Bounce Rate; 29.64% New Visits.

I think the figures are all pretty self evident apart from bounce rate, this is the percentage of people that only look at one page.

For the other bloggers here is the link to my referral statistics http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts119/id9.htm these statistics show the numbers of people that come here by clicking on a link on another website and are the nearest I can get to a chart of local blog popularity.

Unfortunately I can’t unlock my blogger statistics so anyone can look at them, I should like to be able to do this as unless you publish a website, you can’t in the normal way of things get to look at a website’s statistics.

This may not sound important, but when government financed internet projects like Kent TV use their statistics to justify the amount of our money they are spending, it is useful to have something to compare with.

Hits is a statistic that is often used but seldom explained, for instance my http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/ site got 41,689 unique visitors this year but 1,219,895 hits, I won’t bore you with my analysis of what this means, but for anyone interested here are the statistics for that site http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/stats/awstats.pl?month=11&year=2009&output=main&config=www.michaelsbookshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.