Monday 8 April 2013

Sign of the times, KCC and a sort of guileless Monday madness from them and a rant from me.



Living and working in the town centre these days is interesting, in the may you live in interesting times, curse type of thingy.

The most interesting aspect is a combination of the previous Labour government's 24 hour licensing and the previous Conservative TDC administration's method of interpreting licensing, particularly when applied to late night - 4am - takeaways, and of course the lack of town centre policing (this end of King Street doesn't count as town centre anymore) means that much of the time between about 8pm and 4am is an uncontrolled drunken riot.

Enter into this a five foot high temporary metal sign, partially blocking the pavement, catching the legs of passers by and making the progress between busses and lorries, er interesting.


If you look at this photo you will see that there are already two permanent signs, which should tell motorists that they are entering a one way street, as it is they have both been modified by the inebriate so neither of them achieve anything.

What the drunkard will do with this latest addition is pretty obvious, not such a big worry for me though, once when I had something like this come through a plate glass window at 2am I used to call the police. However In an effort to improve the crime statistics the police have now developed a regime that means I no longer call them (no one likes to be woken by the police at 4 having boarded up a window at 2 and gone back to bed, even if they offer you victim counseling the next day) and I have had the shop window panes changed from two big ones to 16 little ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.