Wednesday 22 April 2020

2 Thanet Mills, but which ones? and anything else that comes to mind

 Thanet Mystery Mill 1

Thanet Mystery Mill 2

My apologies for not posting yesterday, I'm having a bit of a break given the current circumstances, I finally decided the only thing I could do is to make the best of the situation.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday repairing and recalibrating fairly ancient electronic equipment. I'm trying to pursue a mixture of interests,  art in terms of painting, woodwork in terms of improving the flat above the bookshop, some wood carving which I haven't done for years, a bit of general science mainly electronics, a bit of physics and chemistry, I'm also considering doing a bit of gardening.

I never really expected to revisit electrical and electronic theory and my 1960's equipment had been stored in the damp. I do have some cheap digital interface stuff that would work with a computer, but and it's a big but to me I trust a direct analogue connection much better for relearning theory as a very critical student.

  
My desk is beginning to look like it belongs to the 1960s teenaget I was, perhaps my second childhood is commencing. Anyway most of the equipment is now working fairly stably, certainly everything I need at the moment.

When one deals with relearning electronics one is faced with working on the edge of quantum mechanics where the act of observation effects what one is observing, of course you don't have to approach the subject this way and most people don't. as it is, we don't actually know what an electron is.

next monday's answers


 The answer to this one is Sanger's Monument
and this the 1953 storm.

Some of the virus stats will come at the end of the following filler photos, so don't scroll down if you don't want to know 





















































Simon Crow

Latest C-19 Death Rates by Country
NOTE:
1. This shows the trend as a 4-day moving average.
2. This is daily deaths per ten million residents, counting from the day of first reported death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.