Friday 17 April 2020

Mystery Photos and the other stuff

 Q1


 Q2


 Q3 this is a difficult one


Q4 with this Ramsgate one I'm not sure of the name of the street but know what it's outside

Very much a case of, see what you make of the mystery photos, 2 easy and 2 hard ones in my opinion.

Rather a nice Ramsgate item.

Being a fairly busy type of person I'm always looking for things that save time I'm. And one thing that I am doing at the moment it's switching most of my writing from typing to voice to text recognition.

By far and away the best and easiest this at I have found is the Google keyboard on an ordinary Android phone, using the little microphone symbol top right above the P.

I do most of my personal stuff and everything I do on the internet like blogging and Facebook using Google. With a bookshop we have a series of Office licences and this is connected to the Microsoft cloud. What this means it is that effectively I have access to two parallel systems. One which we pay a lot of money for and one which is for the most part free.

And yes honestly we do need the Windows Microsoft setup in order to operate the bookshop but when it comes to cloud writing where you have a document that is open on your computer and the same document is open on your phone or tablet. And you essentially just speak what you want to write into your phone and text appears on your computer screen as you read it into your phone there is no comparison between the two systems.

Microsoft office in this instance Microsoft Word working on the cloud is just incredibly slow to open on the phone so it has to be Google docs.

I spent much of the day making banister rails for a staircase that has na 180 degree turn in it. so the inner rail slopes down in the ordinary way until it gets to the bit where the middle of the spiral is which is a vertical drop.
Here are the tools I have been using to do the curves.

Yesterday's answers
 Albert Court Ramsgate

Margate High St

next filler photos before the pandemic stats, don't scroll down if you don't want to know.
Ramsgate in Feb 2009




















































The UK figures as announced on Twitter this morning 

Department of Health and Social Care
@DHSCgovuk
As of 9am 17 April, 438,991 tests have concluded, with 21,328 tests on 16 April. 

341,551 people have been tested of which 108,692 tested positive. 

As of 5pm on 16 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 14,576 have sadly died.

This from Simon Crow

Latest C-19 Death Rates by Country
NOTE:
1. This has been changed to now show the trend as a 4-day moving average.
2. This is daily deaths per ten million residents, counting from the day of first reported death.


this is from WorldOmeter 
I use this table ad ig gives the deaths per million of population meaning you can compare countries meaningfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.