Friday 26 July 2024

Click to enlarge Ramsgate photos, Nelson Place Broadstairs photo and photos of Cecil Square in Margate.

 

Starting with Ramsgate Pier, we publish a book about this one here is the link and some sample pictures from the book about the pier here is the link 


This is the old post office in Ramsgate that was a bit further down the High Street than where it is now.


Ramsgate Fire Station, from the look of the ambulance and uniform I am guessing during WW1


Ramsgate Town Hall corner of Queen Street and Harbour Street, from the decoration I am guessing Queen Victoria's jubilee

 

Nelson Place Broadstairs I think 


The next four are all of Cecil Square

 



From the decoration I am guessing for the coronation in 1953

We went secondhand record shopping in Ramsgate yesterday, with about four shops here it is feasible to find what you are looking for. I don't much like buying secondhand online as I like to look at what I want to buy and make sure of the condition. There is no new record shop in Ramsgate and hasn't been for years I think Our Price in the High Street was the last one.

Bookshop wise the situation is pretty bad now three sources of new books having gone recently, the children's bookshop in Addington Street, W H Smith in the High Street and now Book Bodega closing this weekend.  

Michaels Bookshop in King Street which is where I work is still here but we only do secondhand books apart from local history books about The Isle of Thanet 

Here is the link to the secondhand books we put out today 

I suppose the bottom line here is use it or loose it. Of course it isn't so bad for readers buying new books online as the should be in perfect condition. 

A new Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) to tackle antisocial behaviour (ASB) and alcohol related disorder has been approved by the TDC Cabinet at a meeting on Thursday 25 July.

This includes bad language which I don't think we have ever had before in Thanet

‘all persons are prohibited from using foul or abusive language in such a manner that is loud and can be heard by others and cause either alarm or distress to any other person in any public place.’ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.