Monday 15 July 2024

Click to expand Pictures of Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs and Blue Mermaid Thames Barge

 Starting with a few historic Thanet pictures 

Ramsgate Venetian Fete in August 1953
M1728 visited during the Ramsgate Venetian Fete in August 1953. The Hydroplanes were from the Sandwich club

The text on these two isn't mine 









Next a walk around Ramsgate Saturday that includes going over Blue Mermaid Thames barge 

This is the new record shop called Diamond Dogs on Queen Street pretty much opposite Waitrose




















This is the Hydrogen powered boat Hydro Motion link to their website












Blue Mermaid Thames Barge link to their website














































Back at work now at Michaels Bookshop on a very quiet Monday morning as you would expect after the weekend. Here is the link to the latest secondhand books to go out on the shelves

As you see I am trying to make an effort to take and publish more up to date photos here for people who can't get out and about in Ramsgate. I hope this is what people want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.