Saturday 6 July 2024

Click to expand old pictures Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs

 Starting with speed trials at The Western Undercliff Ramsgate




This Is the Sunbeam with her crew below
not to be confused with Sunbeam Photos also Margate



Although it says print it looks like a photo to me






Just looked at my blog posts for ten years ago and I was sketching Debenhams at Westwood Cross.
Times have changed rapidly in retail although not the bookshop where I work in Ramsgate. 

I don't think there was a Debenhams in Thanet before the one at Westwood Cross, was there? The store in Margate was BHS and of course Lewis and Hyland in Ramsgate.

Back in the day when Thursday was Ramsgate's early closing day. here at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate we are closed all day Thursday and Tuesday as well as Sundays. In a way it's a reflection on Ramsgate that we sell pretty much the same number of books every week as we did when we opened in 1987. Here is the link to the books we put out on the shelves yesterday and obviously if we didn't sell as many then the bookshop would get over filled.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.