Sunday 15 April 2018

More old Thanet pictures and a bit of painting

 This Broadstairs view looks to be from around 1900, I am not enough of a Broadstairs historian to date it accurately. All of the pictures should expand well if you click on them a bit.
 This Ramsgate view is from between 1935 and 1940 as the Marina Swimming Pool is there but not the Granville WW2 bomb damage
 This Margate one is postmarked 1912 so the photo was taken before then, but probably not that long before, as I would guess the sender wouldn't have bought the card

 and this one postmarked 1907

 This one looking up King Street in Ramsgate from Market Place must be from before 1909 when the Prince Albert closed
For me the first day sitting outside painting for any length of time in 2018, I started this one from outside Electro Chocolate Cafe last autumn
 This is mostly about playing with the perspective and having multiple vanishing points
 I did eventually get a bit cold and have to go inside where I succumbed to another pot of tea and a chocolate muffin.

Here is the link to the latest acquisitions in the bookshop 

I have to admit to not following the usual practice of putting them in the window, but leaving the Elvis Presley window in for weekend walk amusement 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.