Monday 24 April 2017

Pictures of The Viking Invasion of Thanet in 1949








pictures should expand if you click on them.

A much better Monday morning in the bookshop on the computer front meaning I can access old local pictures again.

Fortunately the main bookshop computer didn’t go wrong too so the books have been going up normally on the bookshop blog, here is the link to Saturday’s post for the dedicated followers http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/bleeding-edge-in-bookshop.html

I am having another go at trying to understand the internet’s social media, Facebook is really the only other social media site I use and with that I really only either put up what I post on my blog or link what I put up on my blog.

With Facebook the main issue that I am getting at the moment if spam friends requests, difficult for me as a lot of the genuine friends requests I get are from people who have a common interest, rather than people who I would know by name.


For the most part this is local history, but there is also a certain amount watercolour paining related or related to the scandal involving my old school.     

I have now taken to messaging people who send me unlikely looking friends requests before approving the request. 

Events on this week:
19th - 26th - York Street Gallery Exhibition
22nd - 1st May - Looping The Loop, Around Ramsgate
26th - Northwood Singers, St. Marks Church
26th - 3rd - York Street Gallery Exhibition
27th - Blend For Everyone Who Loves to Sing, The Salvation Army Church Hall
27th - Thanet Sound Crowd with Filipe Gomes, Newington Community Centre, Princess Margaret Avenue, CT12 6HX 
27th - Xenia RubinosRamsgate Music Hall
28th - Sam Brookes, Ramsgate Music Hall
29th - Mayor of Ramsgate Civic Dinner, Royal Temple Yacht Club
29th - Alex Paterson [The Orb] - DJ Legend Series, Ramsgate Music Hall
29th - Free Introduction to Bowls, Government Acre, The Esplanade
29th - Make Me A Star 2017 Heat Two, The Salvation Army, High Street



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.