Sunday 7 May 2017

A few Margate photos and possible ramble.















Just looked at my bookshop’s blog and some pretty good stuff went out on Saturday, here is the link for anyone interested http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/live-and-let-die-in-bookshop.html  

Sunday today, a bit more painting in the cathedral, so photos of the pages from my sketchbook, this is just personal weblog stuff but if I don’t write it down I can’t find it in the future.


One fairly ordinary watercolour painted from underneath Bell Harry Tower inside Canterbury Cathedral looking up the north nave transept on the right of the picture and down the nave on the left. OK it’s a bit squiff in terms of verticals, but basically progressing fairly ok.


This other watercolour of Canterbury Cathedral Chancel seems to me to have gone bonkers, I’m not sure if it’s finished yet or what to do with it, I certainly didn’t get the result I intended, one to put on the wall for a bit and think about perhaps.

My alma mater is in the news again and not so good again. This week some of the shocking stories will be highlighted in a special investigation on the BBC’s Panorama.


Painting wise it’s about time the weather warmed up enough to paint outside comfortably, of course this bring up the tricky question of where and what to paint. One public seat in Ramsgate facing the brick arches or the café culture from the cross wall wouldn’t go amiss. 

1 comment:

  1. Margate has been a great attraction for many years! If only TDC could refurb the whole damned place, I know there is a lot of money to be made.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.