Thursday 17 May 2018

Ramsgate Margate main sands old photos and the Blue Flags and the bathing water quality testing


Living and trading in Ramsgate I am conscious that there is a disparity between the way the district and county councils treat Ramsgate and Margate and that somehow Ramsgate didn’t get a blue flag this year.

As I have observed before, the councils KCC with Turner and TDC with Dreamland that they really can’t let Margate fail.

You know it’s a funny old thing but I thought that it was the water quality in Margate that had serious problems in 2017, but then if there is a sewage spill and the council report it properly then it doesn’t count against the quality.

Essentially if you take the blue flag down and put the brown on up, well we have been here before, of course I am sure that I must of got this all wrong and someone will put me right



Close up of a bathing machine at Margate

These two pictures of Ramsgate which should expand well if you click on them were both taken before 1860


Ramsgate Main Sands water quality

Margate Main Sands water quality

Margate                                                                                Ramsgate


busy day buying books in Canterbury and Herne Bay today so no that much to say, here is the link to the pictures of the latest arrivals in the bookshop http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/catch-22-in-bookshop.html

Oh and here is the link to the pictures on my camera card for today New pylons, rats etc


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.