Wednesday 10 August 2022

3 Thanet photos to identify, Answers to Monday's Quiz and Worstsellers in the Bookshop

 

 1 Where in Thanet


2 Where in Thanet


3 Which Thanet pub is the charabanc parked outside 


Worstsellers and the bookshop

There is often mention of bestsellers but strangely enough you don't hear much about worstsellers however here at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate reducing the price of books that don't sell, often to 5 or 10p is what keeps the book stock alive. I am in the middle of doing the two worst sections, health and politics. There are even worse subjects for secondhand books, computers and law, spring to mind, but we don't stock those subjects at all.  

Mills and Boon bodice rippers always go straight out on the sale shelves at 5p 
but some of the rest of it ??

On a brighter note here is the 
that we priced today

On to Monday's answers 

1 when do you reckon this photo was taken? obviously well before 1897 when Madeira Walk and the red brick arches by the harbour were built, looking at the tower of the Granville I think this is a very early picture taken just after the tower was built in about 1870.


2 When did it burn down and what is it called and what's happened to it now? Marine Terrace April 2003 Godden's Gap later Empire of Light stage set


3 Where in Thanet was this photo taken? Pier Yard, you can see the obelisk on the left of the picture as for the date, probably late 1950s or early 1960s



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.