Saturday 20 August 2022

Can you name these 2 Thanet pubs? The answer to yesterday's question and a ramble from the bookshop.

 
Question 1 Which Ramsgate pub now demolished


Question 2 Which Margate pub now demolished rebuilt and recently used for a different purpose

Here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate I have been pricing books for people with a local interest.
One of them being an 1830 copy of Patterson's Roads by Edward Mogg,

This has some Thanet content


you need to click on the map to expand it


Next the link to the books we put out in the bookshop today



The answer to yesterday's question 
o
This is the old building, the pub was demolished and rebuilt sometime around 1900. Answer The Wheatsheaf, High St. St Lawrence 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.