Friday 26 August 2022

Some Cafes and Restaurants with the names rubbed out, can you name any of them? The Answers to Wednesday's quiz and a ramble from the bookshop.

 
Question 1


Question 2


Question 3


Question 4

There were quite a few out of print local books among the books we put out for sale today 
here is the link to the pictures of the books

To be perfectly honest I think some of these are going to be too hard but it's very difficult to tell until people try to answer them. 

Here at Michael's bookshop where I work in Ramsgate I have been trying to sort out the big book section that is either called English topography, English travel, or books about places in England.

It's a very difficult section to organise because of the sizes of the different books and pamphlets.

You can't just put them into alphabetical order or group them under where they are geographically and just at the moment I'm a bit stumped.

Of course the part of this section has Thanet local history in it it's very busy section.

Lurking in the back of my mind like good king Wenceslas on a bad day, and I guess like everybody else, I'm wondering about the cost of winter fuel and heating bookshop. I was expecting the problem to be worse anyway because of putting in blown air ventilation to reduce the spread of winter bugs including coronavirus. I suppose in business there's always some sort of problem but I do hope the government come up with some sort of solution for small businesses.

I'm hoping closing the extra day, we're only open on weekdays that don't start with a T, may go some way to reducing the problem.



Answers to Wednesday's questions 

These four pictures of Ramsgate were taken after the bombing raid of August 24th 1940, can you identify where they show?

1 Hardress Street, Gasworks end


2 Woodford Avenue 


3 Vye & Son Queen Street


4 Sussex Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.