Friday 12 August 2022

4 Thanet Photos to identify, the answers to Wednesday's Quiz

 

 1 where in Thanet


2 Where in Thanet


3 Which Thanet pub


4 Where in Thanet or which hotel


Wednesday's answers

 1 Where in Thanet answer Wellington Crescent 1919 see


2 Where in Thanet, This is Hazardous Row. If you were to draw a line through middle of the the buildings on the seaward side of Margate's this is what it looked like. The Kings Head should have been a dead giveaway  


3 Which Thanet pub is the charabanc parked outside Well it says on the photo The Foresters Boundary Road, however it does look wrong. 

here is the link to the books we priced today here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate

I have been spending much of the day looking up books about politics which includes a strange speed game with Amazon where the link to the cheaper copies of books vanishes after a few seconds. I guess after being open for a few months we will need to list some of the books that didn't sell in the bookshop and are too good for the 5 and 10p book sale. By listing I mean putting them on Amazon as cheaply as possible, I pay a subscription and a hefty commission to Amazon who then try to hide my listings so they can sell it more expensively.

eBay is still pretty straightforward as is abe books, putting the title and author of the book you want straight into Google is much better than it used to be. 

My purpose in doing all this looking up is to sure the books in Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, where I work, are cheaper than similar copies of the same books on the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.