Monday 22 August 2022

Do you know your Thanet pubs? Again, one Ramsgate and one Margate pub, A Ramble from the bookshop.

 
Thanet mystery pub number 1


Thanet mystery pub number 2

Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate has been having a busy Monday today, while I have been struggling to sort out the Ordnance Survey Maps. We try to have a reasonable selection of most of the different series and try to keep them in some sort of order. 

I am glad I mostly work with books, I guess we have just under 1,000 Shelves of books and fortunately only 4 shelves of maps, which piled up on my desk slipped about all over the place.

This is the link to pictures of the books we put out in the bookshop today 

We are closed tomorrow as it is weekday beginning with T 

The answers to Saturday's questions


Question 1 Which Ramsgate pub now demolished. Answer The Admiral Napier in York Terrace Click on this link for more info and pictures


Question 2 Which Margate pub now demolished rebuilt and recently used for a different purpose. Answer Six Bells 201 High Street / Six Bells Lane Margate Click on this link for more information and pictures 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.