Tuesday 2 August 2022

Can you answer some questions about this Thanet photo? The answers to Thursday's quiz and a ramble about reopening the bookshop

 Click on the picture to expand it

Question 1 What were the towers the red arrow points to?

Question 2 Which church does the blue arrow point to?

Question 3 Where was the photo taken from.


Next Thursday's answers

The clock in the Montefiore Synagogue in Ramsgate.


The Clock in St George's Church Ramsgate 


The mechanisms in the bottom of Ramsgate Lighthouse, one worked the tide gauge and the other switched the light from red to green and back depending on the level of the tide.

On to the ramble

Michael’s Bookshop where I work here in Ramsgate was busy on Monday, the first day of reopening, the new opening hours which are closed Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays mean that it is only Saturday where I have to work two days running. 

So first my thanks to the people who turned up, wished us well and/or bought some books.

Having entered the realms of the unretired where I expect to live at the perpetual age of 69, one day as a shop assistant and one day off is probably enough.

I have fairly severe prosopagnosia, I first noticed that I had trouble recognising people when I was 17 and recently it has got worse, this means that the people who know me tell me who they are and the people who don’t – well I bluff my way along.
 
OK the rest of this post is experimental and relates to posting a video from my workstation in Michael's Bookshop Ramsgate into a blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.