Friday 5 August 2022

Some old Margate and Ramsgate pictures and one of those difficult questions about FaceBook and Wednesdays answers

 

As a lot of read this probably know I publish a link to my blog posts here on various local Facebook groups.

I think my list of Thanet Facebook groups is probably a bit out of date, so do any of you know which local Facebook groups I should belong to and which ones I should link to blog posts.


Blogger have updated their post editor so the pictures go in backwards to the order you took them in. With technology progress is a peculiar thing.

back of last picture post mark 1914


Last Wednesday's answers

1 do you know what the tall building in the middle was, Answer, this was Hudson's Mill, Later Rank Hovis McDougal we publish book about this mill so you may want to come into Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate and have a browse at it. If you can't get to Ramsgate here is the link to buy it 

2 do you know where this is? Answer Chatham and Clarendon Grammar SchoolAstroturf pitch in the foreground.

3 do you know where both photos were taken from 
Up from the lantern, the tower of St Georg's Church Ramsgate staircase by MC Esher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.