Thursday 12 March 2009

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH £20,000?

Thanet district Council press release

Local people are being asked what their priorities are for crime and safety in Thanet and how they would like to see £20,000 of funding being spent.

The cash, from the Home Office, is part of Thanet's successful bid to be a Neighbourhood Crime and Justice Area, and has to be allocated on the priorities that matter to local people..

A short survey, by the Thanet Community Safety Partnership, lists a number of suggestions that have been identified, following feedback from local PACT (Partners and Communities Together) panels, local residents and councillors. Residents are being asked which of the nine ideas they support. Each has approximate costs listed next to them.

It also asks people to give their views on how much of a problem five issues are in Thanet:
Violence against the person - offences in public places or "stranger attacks"
Domestic abuse - repeat victims
Criminal damage - graffiti / vandalism
Anti-social behaviour - gangs / under-age drinking
Policing roads - speeding / nuisance vehicles

Community Safety Officer Tiffany Hall said: "We want to hear local people's views about which crime and safety priorities they believe we should be tackling over the next year and which projects they would like to see supported with this funding. It's your chance to have your say, as this needs to be put towards local people's priorities. This additional money will allow us to make improvements that would not otherwise have been possible. PACT panels, residents and councillors have already put some great ideas forward and now we want to know which ones people support. There's also the opportunity to tell us any other ways that you would like to see the funding used."

Surveys are available from Thanet's Gateway Plus, council offices and from your local PACT panels. You can also fill in the surveys online at the council's website click here to do so or call 01843 577120 for a copy. Surveys need to be returned by Monday 23 March.

2 comments:

  1. Where abouts would this questionnaire/consultation document be? I do not see any specific mention on TDC home page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12.19 I am sorry that the link is obviously wrong, I have emailed TDC for the right link as I can’t find documents on their website either, and will put it right as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.