Thursday 12 January 2012

Day off ramble


Very relaxed day off today so not the most exciting post coming up here, having got up late and slowly we went to Broadstairs to drop off some books, have a pizza and in my case sketch the view from the table in the restaurant.
  
As you see the view was basically brown and grey, one for the sketch book not the wall.  

In my defence I took a photo of the view and some other photos which I have bunged on the internet here http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop112/id4.htm

We ate here

I can’t manage a three course lunch at lunch time, but a pizza and a cup of tea goes down very nicely and works out at about a tenner, this is probably the best pizza available in the area, best to book a table.  


I was going to link to what I thought an interesting post by John Worrow but he seems to have deleted it before I could, here is the link to the article that it was about http://www.stonewall.org.uk/documents/times_coverage.jpg


An interesting reflection on changing times, the other news item to catch my eye today was the one about Velvet Underground suing Andy Warhol over the banana, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16525982 another interesting reflection on changing times.


Very interesting article here about taking photographs in a public place http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8950398/Jules-Mattsson-compensated-for-military-parade-photo-ban.html as it is the photographer managed to record the police telling him not to do what he is legally allowed to do.


The Charles Dickens pub in Broadstairs is getting a makeover having been bought by Frank Thorley, I would guess it will be open again for the tourist season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.