Friday 20 January 2012

Friday in the bookshop picking over the pieces.


Internet coverage of last nights council meeting was the most prolific I ever remember.




even the council managed to get a press release out at about half nine this morning


whether it ever makes it on to the council’s own website remains to be seen.

The problems here still seem to be as bad as ever, with the council using the internet in the strangest possible way. They have just managed to Decembers dead whale story on their facebook wall, see http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thanet-District-Council/83700846372?sk=wall

For me the council’s latest big omission was failing to tell anyone they had published the Ramsgate Port and Harbour Draft Masterplan 2011 see http://tdc-mg-dmz.thanet.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=16189 Readit noticed this one see http://in2thanet.blogspot.com/2012/01/port-masterplan-2011.html and although it is called the 2011 plan the council only published it yesterday.

The problem always seems to come back to differentiating between what’s important and what isn’t. Sometimes I get indicators, like today.
“Dear all

Details of day seven of the Dreamland CPO Public Inquiry are now available on the council's website:

You may find the cross examination of Dan Ryan particularly interesting.

We expect the remainder of the objectors' evidence to be given today and then the council's evidence will begin when the Inquiry resumes on the afternoon of Wednesday 15 February.

Regards,”




Tesco seem to have done it again having opened a store in Ramsgate, this time Hereson Road, see http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/2010/07/thanet-tesco-and-human-environment-and.html they now plan to close it.

Perhaps they will have a go at the M&S site in the town now Peacocks have gone bust.  


I suppose this could be an ominous sign for Margate, as if they open their new store and it doesn’t make enough money, then they will obviously cut their losses pretty quickly. 

I will ramble on here if I get time.
   

5 comments:

  1. Can I please ask how you get to the conclusion that this store is closing already? I am sure Tesco don't throw this money at a store like this and walk away after just a few months!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6.19 I think it must be the to let sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael,

    Are you sure that's not the vacant shop & flats next door ? I haven't been past so am only speculating.

    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-20492310.html

    Does seem a bit odd for Tesco to close a store so soon after opening it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Someone does a bit of research, instead of jumping to conclusions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.