Thursday 16 August 2018

The Church of St Peter-in-Thanet, two sunken bandstands and the oldest central heating I have ever seen.

 Is it St Laurence
 or is it
 St Lawrence?
 anyway today it was St Peter

 with some considerable amount of serendipity the day started with this poster
 Wherever this is it isn't St Peter-in-Thanet. Serves me right for surfing Facebook on mi phone and saving the picture without noting where it came from.

My main interest here was taking a look inside the church, so while the bad news was no art exhibition the good news was the church was open, so follow the link to see the pictures.

Link to pictures of inside The Church of St Peter-in-Thanet

I didn't really have the right equipment for indoor and fairly low light photography, but did my best.


One of the Thanet churches first built nearly a thousand years ago and heavily restored by the Victorians making it a bit difficult to tell whats wot

I think I was as much struck by this memorial to The Indian Mutiny as I was by the Norman church and fine Victorian glass.

 next the link to yesterday's work in the bookshop
 Back St Peter's

This time in my engineers hat, this has to be the oldest central heating system I have ever seen and yes it is all like this the whole church.

 With the last bandstand dugout picture, that's all folks.

1 comment:

  1. Could you not find a card of the Boating Pool to go with the St Lawrence Bandstand? And that's definitely the back of St Peter's in Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.