Thursday 30 August 2018

A Welcome Awaits You At Herne Bay and Pegwell Bay

I publish a few books about Herne Bay and go there regularly
 This is a bit of A Welcome Awaits You At Herne Bay, here is the link to one
 and you are in some pages of it
 Something that Herne Bay has done is to put children's play equipment in some of its seafront gardens and on part of the beach there.
The result is to have some areas that are packed with people and some that are empty

I think the Thanet towns could do this too


we went on to The Seaview Bar & Restaurant @ The Sir Stanley Gray PBH for a light lunch


I sketched a bit

Time ran out


Interesting change to this the lowest part of what was built as a convalescent home in the 1920s is connected to the main building, now an hotel on the other side of the road. Back in the good old days around 1970 this lowest bit was called The Moonlighters - bar and night club.

 There was a significant cliff collapse there in 1947

  I took a few photos today, this is the link to them 

Two new local books out this week

This is the link to the rest of the books that went out yesterday

I will - promise to - read them both properly - write a blog post about each of them and get them onto the bookshop website with buy it now button and everything connected up, soon. At the moment only available in the bookshop. There are also several other local books around the point of publication, we are doing our best to get them all finished properly at the moment.

I think one of the difficulties here is that a lot of people assume that the main objective of the all of us working away in the bookshop is to make a profit. Funny really as you would think most people would have noticed that most bookshops have closed. However in this case, I buy a couple of local guide books that date from the 1870s I think it is important to get cheap reprints made so that other people can enjoy them too.

Back to The Seaview Bar & Restaurant @ The Sir Stanley Gray PBH where a major attraction is a large play area with plenty of play equipment for younger children, up to the end of primary school I would think.

If you are interested in Pegwell we publish a book about it
I would recommend a browse of it in the bookshop here is the link to a few sample pages  and one to the buy it now button Was publishing it profitable? The truth with something like this is that I just don't know if the end result was profit or loss. Like the two 1874 guides published this week, the main thing is that for the people who want to read them, they can get hold of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.