Monday 20 August 2018

Old photos Ramsgate and Margate

Should expand if you click on them



 Sunbeam crew above and boat below













 Moses shipyard western undercliff Ramsgate



 I thought it best to publish both versions of this one



We are still working on the bookshop website here is the link there is a sense where if you live in Thanet and got through all of those old pictures above, that you may want some input into the bookshop website.


It's a funny thing with selling on the internet that I think a large proportion of it is returns less than the minimum wage for the seller. My take on this is that if you are going to have a website then you may as well pretty much forget about the selling side of it and try and make it into a useful tool for your walk in customers.

Not many photos today, a short walk after another very busy bookshop day here is the link to them there are various aspects of the busy bookshop, one of which is that as book prices fall one has to sell a lot more books to match previous sales figures in terms of money. I do however think that the main factor is the the lack of viable shopping in east Kent is having a considerable impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.