Saturday 18 August 2018

Mostly old Thanet pictures

 Click on them to enlarge, You can see Ramsgate Sands Station in the background of this one which looks to be nineteen Os











 Royal oak top of Margate High st








 I think this is the demolition of Margate water tower


Think this is Margate King St

Link to a few Ramsgate photos taken yesterday and today

I did some watercolour sketching at The Royal Victoria Pavilion aka Wetherspoons

 I did a bit more to this one, mostly in The Queen's Head area, then it looked as though the weather was going to deteriorate so I went inside.
So this is one of a series of preliminary sketches which may develop into me being able to paint the inside.

We have been updating the michaelsbookshop.com security this is the difference between https://www. and http://www. with a lot of web browsers now saying Not Secure for one and Secure for the other in the top left corner.

Of interest to blog readers as I put a lot of stuff I put up, especially photos go on the bookshop website. The whole website should work on both the secure and non secure protocol with new links taking you to the secure one.

The difference it makes is a bit complex and really doesn't make much difference when looking at the pictures that I publish, however I would urge people to be cautious when using websites that don't have security encryption. 

I think the only significant website with local content that won't run on a secure connection is the rsp.co.uk one and in view of the strange way they publish some of their pdf files I would err on the side of caution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.