Sunday 19 August 2018

Old pictures, mostly Ramsgate and Margate

I think this must be All Saints Church sketched in 1812, but why the sea is so close I don't really know
 The next few are all up on the East Cliff or Eastcliff in Ramsgate
 I hoe a few that you haven't seen before
 I think they should all expand fairly well when you click on them.








 This was the new Six Bells pub in Margate
 and these are two pictures of the old one






I did a bit more to this sketch in Canterbury today, another spot the difference really

Work wise the bookshop is still busy so a lot of books went out on Saturday this is the link to the photos of them

Not many photos from this evening's walk in Ramsgate

 Wonky horizons as ever, perhaps I will switch from my Nikon bridge camera to my Canon one for a bit
 I had been hoping that eventually straight would come naturally taking photos without breaking my stride with this camera, but it doesn't seem to happening. 
 in every other respect I like the P90
 as you see it will do a hand held snapshot of the moon when set on auto
 Smaller planters, bit of a shame that a better compromise couldn't have been reached
 A lot of gulls about this evening
 Sorry if you have commented and I haven't replied, either here or on the local Facebook groups that I link my blog posts to, I do what I get time to and haven't had a lot of spare time recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.