Sunday 5 August 2018

Old Ramsgate and Margate photos a bit of sketching in Canterbury and today's photos.

 3 dated photos on the local beaches 1920
 1930
 1911 these are always useful; the I'm on my summer hols ones, for dating the other ones.
 Much more everyday clothes for standing on a whales head; the things people do.



 This is the only other dated one 1907, presumably from the postmark


I have been sketching in Canterbury today, I could say I have been shopping with my wife and children and I did go into a couple of bookshops, but didn't buy much.

various attempts to show what went wrong with the sketch above and not worked
basically the white building to the right of the reddish brown one is too wide. I think it is feint enough to get off and have another go. Frankly any practice and criticism I can get is good at the moment.

  I fiddled about with this one again

Including a pen sketch for putting the people in, tricky with the slight upwards incline.

next the links

Today's photos of Canterbury

Today's photos of Ramsgate 

The books that went out in the bookshop yesterday 

It is looking as thought the bridge on the crosswall will be reinstalled in the next few days, strange elf and safety seems to mean the public can no longer use the walkways on the mitre gates. 

I may add to this one after supper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.