Tuesday 26 May 2009

MPs Expenses Scandal

South Thanet Labour Party Press Release

South Thanet Labour Party held an emergency meeting on Friday (22nd May) to discuss the current political situation and reaffirm its confidence in local MP, Steve Ladyman.

Chairman, Alan Poole, said after the meeting:

"Labour Party members feel very angry about the scandal of MPs expenses and wanted to make their views known to our national party leaders. Thankfully, we have in Steve Ladyman an MP who has been honest and open about his expenses but our view is that those MPs who have let our Party down should not be allowed to stand as Labour MPs."

"Labour Party Members and South Thanet Constituents are appalled and dismayed that some MPs, of all parties, have been abusing the allowance system. I applaud Steve for publishing his allowance claims on his website."

"The local Party was able to give Steve a vote of confidence but have asked him to take a very clear message back to the Prime Minister that what has gone on is just not acceptable. We are especially angry that some MPs have been able to 'flip' their properties to maximise their expense claims and speculate in the property market. Any Labour MPs or ministers that are found to have done this must be made to stand down."

At the same meeting South Thanet Labour Party confirmed its opposition to the part privatisation of Royal Mail.

Note to editors:

The following resolution was proposed and unanimously agreed:

This General Committee of South Thanet Labour Party having studied Steve Ladyman's allowance claims found them to be appropriate and proper and thanked him for his honesty and integrity. The Committee unanimously expressed their confidence in MP, Steve Ladyman.

Steve's Website where details of his expenses have been placed is http://www.stephenladyman.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.