Thursday 22 August 2019

a few old views of Margate and Ramsgate busman's holiday on Folkestone

 If you have teenagers, young adults well basically most families in tow then the changes to the town centres in Thanet caused by Westwood Cross make it very difficult to have a sunny day by hte seaside.

As far as I'm concerned on my day off any town that has bookshops and places I can sit down and paint the view while having lunch or tea fills the bill.

Anyway en masse, Folkestone ticks the boxes, and while Primark isn't an essential part of my day off, in fact I run away and paint.

This from Chocolate Cafe (lunch - chocolate muffin) forgot to take a photo of it, how I suffer for art

This from McDonald's, both are a bit spot the diffrence if you follow this blog

Next the photos on the camera's card
While my Nikon P610 is very good at zoom, this ship being a tiny dot to the naked eye and the helicopter invisible

Manual focus takes too long, the bee would have flown and auto on macro doesn't cut the mustard, as you can see.
This is the link to the other photos
Back to work in the bookshop tomorrow
This is the link to the books we put out yesterday
On to the old local pictures next















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.