Wednesday 29 January 2020

Ramsgate architectural features, do you know which building? Stacie Coyne at Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate

1
 Do you know which Ramsgate town centre buildings these architectural features are on?
 2

 3

4
next  Stacie Coyne at Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate

Wed 29 Jan - Tues 4 Feb:  Stacie Coyne
Influenced by fairground and her background as a tattoo artist, Stacie's work includes 3D, painting and pencil  drawings, in her first solo show. Meet the Artist on Sat 1 Feb from 1-4pm,











link to the books we put out today

Reading art and interest wise the moment I'm focused on the history of the bronze age and the early iron age. particularly as it's during this period but most of the major religions and most of the the texts that they are based in seem to be focused on stories that were universal within the late bronze age early iron age. It's a source of some fascination to me having been an Anglican religious at one time.

So at the moment fiction wise I'm reading Madeline Miller's Song of Achilles and I have a pile of similar historical fiction.


I was particularly pleased when an batch of new stock which we will turn into second-hand stock by penciling cheaper prices in the font arrived here at Michael's Bookshop today, (this just relates to the way things are in the book trade,) had an Ursula le Guin one of my favourite authors who usually writes fantasy but this batch had her novel Lavinia which appears to be be set in the Spartan Trojan ancient Greek area.





Thanks to Barry James who answered on Facebook with this picture

 Chatham House School from St George's Tower


Wheatsheaf Lane 1920

Rose in June 1904


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.