Friday 24 January 2020

Q & A - SciFi and What do you say after you say hello?

 1 Do you recognise this Thanet building? Now demolished by the council.


 2 Do you recognise this Thanet pub?


 3 Do you want to guess which Thanet W.I. and roughly when?


4 Do you recognise this Thanet building?

Here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, where I work, I have been redecorating the "Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror" section.
I am beginning to get the effect I wanted, not perhaps everyone's taste but there you go.

The most important factor here is that it's a dead end so people don't keep walking past you while you are trying to choose something to read. It already had that - I know have to work out what the signs on the headerboards. "Make it so" etc I have already used "So long and thanks for all the fish" on the shop egris. "I am your number one fan" perhaps - any ideas anyone?

I guess the booksellers quote is “I do not love men: I love what devours them.” Andre Gide of course

Taking advantage of quiet periods in the bookshop, while I can, it's important to ensure the horror books don't develop a critical black mass.  

The only books that went out today were local history ones, topping up the ones that had sold

link to the photos of the books

next the answers to yesterday's questions



The file name on this says "Mens outing Cecil Square




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.