Tuesday 28 January 2020

Question Time and even Answer Time

 Q1 Where in Ramsgate? I thought saying Thanet could make it a bit too hard

 Q2 which Thanet Hospital?

 Q3 Do you know where this photo was taken from?

 Q4 Where in Thanet

Q5 Which Thanet pub?

Funny sort of Day at work here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, I took all the selves off of one of the bookcases in the general fiction section, put a new backing in, waxed the shelves and when I tried to put the shelves back, six of the eight were fine but two of them were about an inch too short. I had to go and find a new six inch plank and saw two new ones off,

'...'One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you
grow shorter.'

'One side of WHAT? The other side of WHAT?' thought Alice to herself.

'Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar,...'

Anyway it's OK now - a fairly large amount of books can have strange effects.

Perhaps something to do with the fiction that went out while I was working

link to the photos of the books

Whatever it was I'm still puzzled.



Yesterday's answers
 Royal Oak. Top of Margate High St. 1965




 I think this is a late picture from the 1950s just before the council had it demolished.

This is the same building painted by JWM Turner around 1800, before it had the Victorian mock gothic makeover, probably done around 1870. It does show what a Victorian with ample funds can do to a charming Georgian house.


Bridge Hartsdown Rd.Westbrook c1930

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.