Tuesday 3 March 2009

TDCTV


I have been making some progress with the issue of making the videos of council meetings available on the internet. My concern here is that the council may be trying to cloud the issue with live streaming council meetings, this would be both very expensive and far less useful than a library of council meetings that we could access when convenient.

As this is an official complaint a fair amount of correspondence is developing click here should you wish to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, you may be interested to this report from Rother council (not a million miles away from Thanet)

    www.rother.gov.uk/media/word/2/j/cb081201_-_08-01_-_Webcasting.doc

    (google for - rother webcast meeting)

    It contains viewing stats and other financial info re council webcasting including an item at the end with an option to use the services of a webcast provider for £12,510 p.a. for 60 hours webcasts.


    Using google you can find many small councils that use webcasts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.