Wednesday 13 May 2009

Pleasurama minor update

As you can see from the cabinet minutes link in the post below and as you can see from the decisions record http://tdc-mg-dmz.thanet.gov.uk/Published/C00000151/M00001142/$$$Decisions.doc.htm it would appear that the performance bond has still not materialised.

The big question would seem to be has SFP got the money to build the development?

It says that it has a call in date of 20.5.2009 not being familiar with planning law I am not quite sure what this means but am assuming it means that they have to come up with the answer by then.

Could it be that after all this time the council are coming to the conclusion that having this development in the hands of a developer that never appears to have developed anything else could be a mistake.

I have also noticed Your Thanet has covered this story see http://www.yourthanet.co.uk/kent-news/Pleasurama-site--council-demands-cash-assurance-newsinkent24316.aspx?news=local

It would appear from that that SFP have already spent over £2,000,000 on the road layout built without a flood risk assessment strongly recommended by the EA, see http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/ea/ the waste that occurs with an absentee developer is incredible.

3 comments:

  1. Keep at it Michael, i spot another climb down for Sandy and his co-horts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone know what SFP stands for - Sandy, Frank and Painter comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one 19.05 can you enlighten us Michael?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.