Wednesday 1 August 2018

Watching paint wosisname and other pictures

I skived for a painting lunch at Spoons aka The Royal Victoria Pavilion, the top being after and the bottom before - the spot the difference situation leads me to feel you may need telling. 
Watercolour and paper is an odd combination when it comes to rubbing stuff out, so it's best to add a little at a time. I think the picture may already be in the paper and just need revealing, anyway I got some sort oblivion while painting and am now surprised by the buildings appearing more wosisname.

Mi panorama from the Pav aka Spoons was a bit pedestrian due to not being able to see the phone screen
This is the link to the full size file School holiday early afternoon, luverly day, 'bout 2 and not that busy on the sands

 The view from the cafe culture is mostly the sides of cars, which don't seem right
 Far too much traffic coming on to Harbour Parade, realising it goes nowhere and going out again, so far more traffic than need be.
 I moaned at the mayor and town clerk about this as the were both there.
prapz the dead end sign needs to be at the entrance and not at the dead end
Some sort of bird in the harbour
and other photos on the camera card for today this is the link to them

Historic local photos next

 The sundeck one says 1933 onit,








 Never seen the henge around the fountain before, it says 1929 on the file, presumably derived from the postmark


Just finished supper and adding a photo for any aspiring art critics, well to be honest mostly for my own record 

I really do think that this must be one of the best places to paint from in the UK

I am reading Murakami again, so guess anything could come out of the woodwork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.