Tuesday 31 July 2018

On The Sands in the early 1900s, painting on the sundeck of the Pav today, nothing out of the ordinary


I skived off for a long lunch break today, a bit more watercolour painting

all a bit on the small side. Lots of layers, taking Mr Turners advice.

I am getting to the point where I think I am going to have to start painting something a bit more creative than just what I can see from where I happen to be sitting.

The high point of my visit to the Pav today one one of the Wetherspoons staff at the top or the external stairs asking people not to use them. He even had a voice like Dom Joly and for a moment I thought I had stumbled into an episode of Trigger Happy. My guess is he was a new worker and someone had done the equivalent of sending him to fetch a sky hook, long wait, tartan paint in the way of the classic rookie joke.

The bookshop was busy again today and for any dedicated followers this is the link to pictures of the books we put out   

Out and about today the weirdest thing was 
 this, two wosisnames on the horizon off Ramsgate, I do promise to get a better camera once I work out which one to get. My ancient Nikon P90 has a lot of zoom but not enough.


on to the historic photos which I think mostly date from between 1900 and 1910 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.