Monday 14 November 2011

New Old Birchington Book out today

Published today “Birchington In Thanet Kent” Sea & Sun, by F G Redman, price £3.99 click on the link if you want to buy it http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/birchington_in_thanet_kent.htm

This is very much a guide in the style of the time as you can see from the sample pages.
I do publish some other Birchington books, recommended are the following:

A History of the Ville of Birchington by J. P. Barrett although published in 1893, so it predates the previous 120 years of Birchington’s history, this is one of the best of Thanet’s Victorian local history books and I would say a must for anyone interested in our local history.


Dangerous Coastline 1939 – 1945 By Derek S. Hart.

This book is about the Second World War seen through the eyes of a child growing up in Birchington.

He tells of finding mines on the beach, the spectacle of the Battle of Britain being fought in the skies above and includes humorous anecdotes involving some of the troops.


The also ran Birchington publications are:

The Birchington and Westgate Street Directory 1900 £3.99 click on the link to buy http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/the_birchington_and_westgate_street_directory_1900.htm

Birchington Great War Patriotic Record £5.99 click on the link to buy http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/birchington_great_war_patriotic_record_.htm

I will supply any or all of these post free to UK addresses.

Obviously Birchington features in several of the other local books I publish and I often have secondhand copies of other books about Birchington, so I recommend coming to the shop and having a look at the local books if you can. The shop is open from 9.30 to 5.30 but closed Sundays and Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.