Wednesday 20 September 2017

A good Catch at Ramsgate in about 1900, some thoughts on PPI, about 40 pictures of Ramsgate this evening, my preliminary Ramsgate Watercolour sketch and Turner Contemporary appoints 8 new trustees.

I would say this picture of the Ramsgate fishermen with their catch probably dates from about 1900, after 1893 anyway as you can see the top of the Custom House which was built then.

The original photo is in a pretty bad way and very small so I nearly didn’t recognise it, from the way its blown up I think it must have been a contact print.

I did manage to get to Wetherspoons at the end of the working day and there was about half an hour before the light became too difficult for me  to paint.



I think a bit more of this and I will try one on better paper, as you can see from the photo some of the proportions are no quite right.

Over the last 30 years or so I have occasionally borrowed money from the bank and I had a sneaky feeling that on some occasions the bank had miss-sold me things that I only bought to get the loan. I think it was probably all the spam emails and phone calls that eventually lead me to look into this. Anyway current legislation means that banks have to have their own department to sort this out, so I went on to my own banks website filled in the online form and they have started giving me back the money that they shouldn’t have taken.

Turner Contemporary have announced the appointment of eight new trustees today, here is the link to all of their trustees biogs and photos https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0erQxRYd9_rS3JSczRCVkhyUFk/view?usp=sharing

A short walk to the west after painting, here is the link to the photos http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/917L/id25.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.