Saturday 23 September 2017

Buoys will be buoys around 1890 at Ramsgate Harbour, Canterbury bus fail, bit of sketching


The nautical equipment having a rest from the sea and lying around in Ramsgate harbour has a magnetic attraction for me, not sure why, anyway to cut a short story shorter I bought this ephemera of nautical ephemera and doubt there would have been many other takers.



I went to Canterbury by bus today, purely a leisure activity, although somehow the bus has a bit of a third class feel to it although it does get me from the middle of Ramsgate to the middle of Canterbury in less than an hour. 


I did a bit of painting as you can see St Anslem’s chapel is a bit of a spot the difference and the people painted from the upstairs window of Chocolate Café are disappointingly small.

I also bought a wifi camera as I see a vague future of vlogging, to expand on this one, wifi (sports) cameras connect to your mobile phone by wifi and the screen of your phone becomes the camera’s viewfinder, this means you can actually see what you are doing without standing behind or in front of the camera.  

Like the various bits of nauticalia around the harbour I find it difficult to resist unusual technology, particularly cameras.

The bus back from Canterbury to Ramsgate didn’t turn up at all so I had to get the next one, which as there was nothing on the supposedly “Live Updates” website, made me feel like a third class traveller again.

Obviously the car is tempting, worse for the environment and I have very little experience of busses, so feel I shouldn’t be able to see obvious and rectifiable faults, saying the website has live updates and then it not working being the most obvious.

We should, need to tempt people away from unnecessary car use, silly really.

Anyway here is a panorama of Ramsgate Harbour


If you want the full sized picture here is the link where you can download it https://photos.app.goo.gl/8jAq7A1JXa35OaTo1


Some pictures of bosses in the cathedral  




A few other pictures from today 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.