Friday 8 September 2017

Some Ramsgate photography this evening

On from yesterdays post (click on previous post link at the bottom) this post is about taking hand held snapshots while walking about. The compromise being a secondhand camera that is cheap enough and small enough to keep in your pocket, but good enough to take pictures that can’t be taken with a mobile phone’s camera.


So having tried and failed I have now managed to master the manual focus control, this boils down to if you can’t set a camera’s focus on infinity it is very difficult to take snapshots.


So lots of experimental shots in fairly dull conditions that are not best suited to hand held long zoom, but good for experimental shots. This sort of photography is a bit like pistol shooting inasmuch as the idea is that the camera has to become an extension of you arm. At the moment the evolution of my arm is still underway, but hopefully it will eventually reach a peak or two.

Here are the links to the photos



I hope think the shots are in order so you can work out the where from aspect


On the work front, here are the photos of the books that went out in the bookshop today







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.