Wednesday 6 September 2017

Broadstairs 10 years ago Westgate-on-Sea guide for 1923 and The Rooswijk wreck finds on show in Ramsgate on the 16th

First the Broadstairs pictures, with most of these sets of photos that I took in 2007 there is a considerable historical impact because of the changes in Ramsgate and Margate during that time.

Photographs of Broadstairs seafront and the Dickens Museum from ten years ago could produce a fairly tricky spot the difference game, has anything changed there in 10 years, here are the links to the pages of pictures





the other internet pages I repaired today were the sample pages for the Westgate-on-Sea guide

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/westgate/

The Terschelling is the dive boat for The Rooswijk wreck the wreck finds will be on display in their warehouse at Port Ramsgate on the 16th September i.e Saturday week and I would think a worthwhile date for the diary of any historian.

Here is the link to the Historic England website info https://historicengland.org.uk/get-involved/visit/rooswijk-shipwreck-excavation/


Here is the link to the rest of the photos I took on this evening’s walk http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/917L/id6.htm

On to the new acquisitions in the bookshop with some info about writing in today’s quote there that fascinated me http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/meanwhile-in-bookshop.html

anyone see this ship today I wonder what she's called, picture is a bit fuzzy as she was some way off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.