Saturday 16 September 2017

Focused on Ramsgate Lighthouse 100 pictures of Ramsgate

Here is the link to the 100 pictures of Ramsgate I took on my walk this afternoon http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/917L/id22.htm I thought I had better get that out of the way before writing anything. 


So now drifting off down today’s ramble, what’s inside the lighthouse, apart from the light, there used to be a tide gauge.



As you see from the pictures, it’s not in very good condition now.  

The Hatter was the first to break the silence. `What day of the month is it?' he said, turning to Alice: he had taken his watch out of his pocket, and was looking at it uneasily, shaking it every now and then, and holding it to his ear.

++++++

"`Two days wrong!' sighed the Hatter. `I told you butter wouldn't suit the works!' he added looking angrily at the March Hare.

`It was the best butter,' the March Hare meekly replied.

`Yes, but some crumbs must have got in as well,' the Hatter grumbled: `you shouldn't have put it in with the bread-knife.'

The March Hare took the watch and looked at it gloomily: then he dipped it into his cup of tea, and looked at it again: but he could think of nothing better to say than his first remark, `It was the best butter, you know.'

Alice had been looking over his shoulder with some curiosity. `What a funny watch!' she remarked. `It tells the day of the month, and doesn't tell what o'clock it is!'

`Why should it?' muttered the Hatter. `Does your watch tell you what year it is?'

`Of course not,' Alice replied very readily: `but that's because it stays the same year for such a long time together.'


`Which is just the case with mine,' said the Hatter."

+++++++

Sorry I digress better have another of today's pictures

snapshots don't you know walking, didn't stop for long enough to straighten the horizon

Back in 1868 you could be sure the tide was being properly measured but then Alice in wonderland had only been out for three years and the concept of butter in the machinery hadn't as it were spread.

 I think this picture of the same view may have been a tad later, comparing the two will have to do for now
 Back to today
 and as you see still battling with the camera





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.