Saturday 9 September 2017

Free Heritage open days this weekend

Two aspects of these I have previously particularly enjoyed in previous years have been St George's tower tours and The MontefioreSynagogue

The Thanet list of places open for free this weekend is

Margate

12 Arthur Road, Cliftonville
India House
Dreamland Trust
St John the Baptist church
Theatre Royal
Margate Museum
The Tudor House
Drapers Windmill
Seaside Snapshots - a photography exhibition

Broadstairs

The Yarrow Hotel
Dickens House Museum
Crampton Tower Museum
St Peter's Village Tour
St Peter's Churchyard Tour

Ramsgate

The Grange & St Edward's Presbytery
St Laurence-in-Thanet church
Ramsgate Costumed Walks
Montefiore Synagogue
Ramsgate Maritime Museum
USN P22 - US navy gun boat
Steam Tug ‘Cervia’
St George the Martyr church
Italianate Glasshouse
Ramsgate Tunnels
Pugin and St Augustine Visitor Centre and Shrine
Thanet villages

Minster Abbey, Minster
Monkton Nature Reserve, Monkton
Powell-Cotton Museum, Birchington
Birchington Heritage Trust, Birchington
Westgate-on-Sea Town Hall buildings 


The visit Thanet link is http://www.visitthanet.co.uk/heritageopendays which should tell you what you can do where and when.

Putting your postcode into the national site can also be useful, here is the link https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/visiting/advanced-search

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.