Wednesday 23 October 2019

TAP - Granville Theatre - Beyond the Fringe - etc

Traffic Access Protocol 

TDC say
"Check before your travel to ensure you can complete your journey.
Allow extra travel time and consider alternative routes to your destination in the event of a hold up.
If using public transport check for any changes to the service that could affect your journey.
Ensure you take extra food and water, and any prescription medication that may be needed, in the event that your journey is delayed
Stay tuned to the local radio, social media and Highways England website for advice and guidance."

If you believe Boris this all starts in a weeks time.

If like me you are in business, or like some other people you have to get to work, then I guess you are either hoping we stay in the EU or we come out with an agreement that stops this and the other economic problems associated with BREXIT and particularly a hard BREXIT, that may result in unemployment, bankruptcy and so on.

My take on BREXIT has always been that major constitutional change leads to short term economic problems and although we may be better off in five to ten years, staying employed during the next twelve months focuses the mind.

At this point I have added a humorous diversion from the 1960s


Here in the bookshop we have been beavering away

link to yesterday books 

On the local history front
This one would be after 1937 when the cliff collapsed onto the funfair and they built the arched cliff wall.
Note the curved roof on the Granville Theatre
Note the arches in the top of the cliff, I was talking to a senior citizen recently who while not so keen on the antics of the youf of today mentioned in passing that when he was a nipper he and his friends used to climb over the clifftop railings and down into those tunnels.
  This is 1906, so nannies and park keeper to keep control.
 The picture of the Ganville Theatre is niggling at me, does anyone know what happened?
I think this is the Granville Pavilion which was damaged during WW2

The first bit of this blog post was written earlier while at work in the bookshop and most of it sparked by customers conversations/questions. "When was the Granville Theatre built and what was on the site before?" "Would using Manston Airport impact on local road travel?"

Now checking the BBC news for BREXIT progress
 I think the picture in the latest news article says it all really - sorry I didn't bother to read the article
 but will be recommending a special uniform for MPs

This is Margate Hippodrome in 1964 now the home of TDC, Thanet Gateway, etc









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.